B&Bs in Venice

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
victoriac

B&Bs in Venice

Post by victoriac »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good B&B/hotel/apartment in Venice.
I am sending my parents there for a couple of days for my Dad's birthday (such a good daughter!) and want to find them something fairly nice.
I had a look on tripadvisorbut got a bit overwhelmed by all the conflicting reports and gave up....
Thanks!
kteee

Post by kteee »

We have stayed in the Hotel Saturnia and international several times - great location close to st marks square

http://www.hotelsaturnia.it/
victoriac

Post by victoriac »

Thanks for that - I'll see if they have anything available!
CSE

Post by CSE »

When is this for? I am going to Venice mid October and can report back about an apartment I will be using. it is ran by a friend of a friend. But so far I have only seen one photo and location map.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pambon

Post by pambon »

May I suggest that anyone wishing to visit Italy in either an hotel/B&B or rental consider contacting the Anglican church relative to the nearest big town. Milan/Rome/Florence/Naples/Palermo all have large English speaking congregations made up of Brits married to locals. They would probably be only too happy to pass on any such info straight from the horses mouth.

For more information on where to find these English speaking churches all over Europe, see the website of the Diocese in Europe; a good source of local information.
memes

venice

Post by memes »

Hi I have been visiting venice at least once (sometimes 3 times) a year for the last 12 years and have stayed in loads of apartments and small hotels, if you tell me a bit more about what you are after for your parents I hope I can help. There are some great bargains this autumn to be had as there seems to be quite an over supply of places compared to number of tourists currently.
How many nights will they be staying (apartments are much easier to get for 3 nights minimum), how agile are they - lots of places have no lifts and many stairs..When are you looking for?
I love venice so much, have no financial interest in the place whatsover but always happy to help others enjoy it as I have, happy to pass on my top tips on how to enjoy it without spending silly money.
M