Not receiving email notifications

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
kg1

Not receiving email notifications

Post by kg1 »

I'm sure this has been covered before but - I have never received a message saying that a reply has been posted to a question I have asked. I have checked my profile & all the correct boxes are ticked. does anyone else have this problem?

Just to add - I also don't get a message if someone leaves me a personal message, had one sitting there for months & knew nothing about it!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Have you checked that the email address in your contacts is correct
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. Yes I checked that. Thanks.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I think this is a fairly old problem, actually -- we discussed it here years ago, and it seemed to be resolved when Paolo changed the text of the e-mail, and/or when people checked their spam folders.

For example, I use my yahoo address as my e-mail of record here, and the spam filter there is really aggressive, so notifications often end up in the spam folder. Could something similar be the case here?
Brooke
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi - sorry been away in Cyprus, I have checked everything & always do a quick scan of my spam before deleting but will do a more thorough check for a while & see if that is the problem, thanks for the suggestion.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I know this seems to happen from time to time to us all.....and we stop getting email notifications of posts we were 'watching', but think I might have sussed a possibilty.

When we get an email telling us we have a reply, there is also the option of
''If you don't want to be notified of other new posts to this thread, click on this link::''

Its very easy to click the wrong one and then get 'unwatched' [or whatever] :roll: