Public liability insurance

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
cashmere

Public liability insurance

Post by cashmere »

I have been insured with intasure for the past 2 years and they were a reasonable price. However their/my annual permiums have increased by over 50%.
does anyone know of a good insurance company with public liability cover for expat living in Italy and renting out accommodation ?
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

that seems really odd - have you spoken with them? I renewed this year and the rate was nothing like 50% more than last year...can't recall because, honestly, I find them to be so inexpensive it's just not a big deal...$200 give or take? I think it was slightly more than last year. compare that to about $2000 I pay in the US for not nearly the coverage.
Phil Schofield

Post by Phil Schofield »

I have no personal experience with them but one company who I have come across advertising expat insurance in magazines is italsure.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Intasure went up by a huge amount in July so I said bye bye. They said it was a result of the floods in the UK but we don't live there so don't want to pay for their floods. I don't pay if you have an accident in your car & visa versa.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
lushsandwich

Post by lushsandwich »

try italsure

sandwich
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

My insurance is with my Italian bank and forms a part of the general house insurance. It covers liabilities both on and away from the property.

From memory it costs about €450 per year, but this is for 3 apartments, the main house and 13 hectares of land.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

I have to renew my insurance with Intasure and spoke to them. They have been able to lower the quotation because now they go by the number of bedrooms rather then the square meteres. It may be useful for some of us.
Giulia
Raone

Post by Raone »

My renewal with Intasure also went up by a huge amount, so I took off earthquake cover and the premium came down by a lot, to at least make the amount payable more reasonable.

Would be good to have an alternative though for comparison purposes.
Campaign for Real Ale in Italy