Anyone know any stunning spots in Sardinia?

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
ginelli

Anyone know any stunning spots in Sardinia?

Post by ginelli »

Hi everyone,

I fly to Sardinia at the end of the month. I'm planning on staying there for 4-6 weeks. I will be helping out on a farm in the SE in return for board and lodgings for the first two weeks, then I plan to travel around the island for the rest.

I've never been before and was wondering if anyone on this forum has some recommended places I should see. I'm particularly interested in beautiful swimming spots though I'm more of a rocky, rugged coastline kind of guy rather than miles of sandy beaches. I'm also interested in quiet, beautiful towns and villages which do not feel spoilt or discovered by tourism.

I can see the Maddalena islands look stunning and will definitely go there. I'm sure I'll take a look at the upmarket Emerald coast but probably only in passing. Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
pambon

Post by pambon »

Don't know it personally but my friends say it's stunning everywhere with beautiful coastlines and beaches. The Costa Smeralda is fantastic but very expensive (ie Aga Khan etc!).

The quiet beautiful villages you will find inland and off the beaten track.

Enjoy yourself!