Availability 31st July-14th August

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Again, thank you all!
Yesterday I tried to have a comment for my proposal (8% for 1 week, 12% for 2 weeks) from the English lady but did not hear from her.
I just wrote to an Italian family that enquired (from Subito . it) about the 1st week and I have to write to 2 French families (from Homelidays and MediaVacances).
I am typing with my finger crossed...
PS: Olive explained very well my point of view. My guests share a common garden, kids play together and parents will chat and also have dinner together!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

olive wrote:GG. I didn't write the review. I just changed a few nouns ( "stairs" to "aisle" etc) - and kept all the adjectives and verbs
I realised that Olive but it was a fun exercise all the same!
Giddy Goat wrote:Even then, they live in the real world, and know that when something hasn't sold, or has been sold and then returned, it makes good business sense to re-market it at a discount or suffer it sitting on the shelf and gathering dust.
Tizfata and Olive - if two holidaymakers are comparing notes by the pool, and find they have paid different rates, there can only be one reason and that is that the one paying the lower rate was a late booker?

Anyone who likes to live on a knife edge for the sake of a bargain takes a risk when waiting until the last minute before searching for a holiday. People who have benefited in this way surely also explain to the less fortunate how their special rate came about? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

So, what did happen at last?
A German family was more than happy to book the apartment for 10 days for 1035 euro. I am happier this way, I have more time for changeover and it is more difficult to compare rates.
But (I hope) LESSON LEARNED! I was SO willing to have those weeks booked that I though they were even if the guy disappeared from my sight before paying the deposit. He was from Switzerland. What happend to the Swiss reputation?!?!!?
:D
Thank you all for your advice!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
camel

subject

Post by camel »

"What happend to the Swiss" they have a reputation for banking. We all know what happened to the Bankers.