'Energy Performance Certificate' legislation?

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
WASCO

'Energy Performance Certificate' legislation?

Post by WASCO »

Couple of questions?

(1) When someone sells a house in Italy do Italian
regulations require the seller to provide the buyer with
an 'Energy Performance Certificate' ?

(2) Does Italian law require you to have an 'Energy
Performance Certificate' for your holiday let?
Chairman
Wales Association of Self Catering Operators (WASCO)
http://www.wasco.org.uk
Member of The Federation of National Self Catering Associations (FoNSCA)
http://www.fonsca.org.uk
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

not that I'm aware of - we certainly dint' get one when we bought(!) The regulations could be regional though and differ.
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

Not that I am aware of, but in Italy there are lots of other things that need to be obtained before a house is considered legal (and therefore officially sellable).

The most important thing is the abitabilità certificate (habitability certificate) issued by the local authority to say that the house has both planning permission (often bought retrospectively under Berlusconi's amnesty systems, and further bribery of the council, otherwise it takes years), and is considered safe and habitable.

Without this certificate, the Water companies can refuse to connect you to the water mains (unless you drop brown envelope of cash near them) and Enel can get funny about upgrading your meter from an agricultural contract to a residential one.

There are other hoops to jump through, but this is the most important.

Where we are in Trapani there are planning rules that allow only wooden doors and windows in new houses and when you replace existing ones. After 80 years of requiring flat roof, policies now require pitched/slanted roofs to allow easier run off into the ground. Oh, and you arenot allowed to lay hard surfaces - they have to be semi-porous.

DC

DC
pambon

Post by pambon »

I've heard of them, but as far as I'm aware they are not required everywhere. (Which probably means not down south but only up north!!!)

Any Notary could give you this info. (I've just done a 'permuta' and it wasn't given a mention.)
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

DC has given very good advice, and I found the info on flat roofs to pitched interesting as well as semi porous surfaces which is very good & could be very useful throughout Italy.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
pambon

Post by pambon »

I've just been reading a magazine that gives all the info one should have in place when buying/selling as regards the Energy Certificate. In short it is a requirement now.

Probably, as with most things Italian, requirements will differ from region/province and comune and will doubtless not be requested from many of these authorities....!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Well Done Pam, where did you read about it? Maybe we can find it via a Google search. It's rich considering that it took friends with an agritourismo 2 years to get permission from the comune to install solar panels above their parking srtructure.
Chianti

pambon

Post by pambon »

Chianti, it was an Italian backdated mag. I will look it out later tomorrow and give you the details and also scan the article into the computer and see if I can copy and paste it here......... :roll:
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pam

Thanks so much, that will be useful to all of us.
Chianti

pambon

Post by pambon »

Have tried unsuccessfully to copy and paste the article here in pdf form:oops:

Anyone interested please pm me your personal email and I'll send it on as an attachment.