Holiday-rentals and other listing sites

For topics that are specific to the USA, please go here.
susanj

Holiday-rentals and other listing sites

Post by susanj »

I am a U.S. vacation rental owner. If I want to get a listing on a site that draws people from Europe , would you recommend holiday-rentals, holidaylettings, ownersdirect or something else? Thanks!

Sue
sunnysrqbeach

Post by sunnysrqbeach »

Hi Were in Florida and would love to get more traffic from Europe, Does anyone get bookings from the sites you mentioned?
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I'm on Holiday-Rentals, but the British harvest is meager. About 1-2 bookings per year. Via H-R I'm also listed on FeWo-Direkt and have approximately the same outcome there.

What keeps me paying the fee is that those bookings often are at different times compared to the American ones, i.e. after August until Christmas/New Year that I find can be hard to fill with domestic renters.

Now HomeAway are doing an international bundle. I haven't been eager to sign up for it before, since FeWo wasn't included in it, but I think I will for next period since H-R has raised it's price substantially when adding your residential country's VAT to the prices (mine is 25%).

What could speak against it is that also sometimes also Americans find me through H-R.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
susanj

Post by susanj »

Apparently not many Europeans use VRBO.com for finding rentals in the U.S.?