UK to Cyprus by road?

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
churchill

UK to Cyprus by road?

Post by churchill »

Hi everyone, We are due to fly out to Cyprus in around two weeks, Friday 30th to be precise with Monarch. By way of some form of emergency planning, should the current airline status continue, we are considering leaving a few days early and driving. Does anyone, who may have done this already, have a ready planned route they could suggest or a website where we can get a route from? also how long would it take?
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Michelin directions

Michelin says it is about 3900km and 40 hrs to Tasucu / Silifke which has ferries to Girne, Northern Cyprus.

AFAIK the "green line" border is open now ?

Problem is that the ferries to Greek Cyprus (Limasol) go to Israel and Egypt which is even further.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hello Churchill

I go to Northern Cyprus and the ferries run regularly between Turkey & Kyrenia (Girne). You can see one side from the other. You can drive through the border to Southern Cyprus with no problem. The best way is to get a taxi to take you. We pay about £45.00 from Kyrenia to Larnaca airport, takes about 1hr 45mins depending on the mood of the Greek customs officials. If you need help to organise it let me know & I'll put you in touch with a friend of ours(English ex-pat) who does airport runs & will take you to where ever you want to go in the south. Contact me on topcat.1952@yahoo.com.
cyprus andy

Cyprus by road

Post by cyprus andy »

wow . would love to do that :lol:
Travel through europe and see some superb sites instead of stuck on a aircraft for 5 boring hours !
www.pervoliahomeservices.com
Larnaca rental properties Cyprus