Anyone with a Venetian Apartment?

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Musetta

Anyone with a Venetian Apartment?

Post by Musetta »

*sigh* just back from a wonderful holiday in Venice. Each time we go we end up obsessing over real estate :-) I was just curious if anyone has experience with HRs in Venice - we would love to buy something but I'm just wondering how the rentals are - seems there is SO much competition (!) and, I really have no experience with that ;-) since, both my current rentals are pretty out-of-the-way! We wouldn't expect to make a profit (especially since property costs are so high there) but would love to buy something now and start paying down a mortgage looking towards a retirement someday. ('course, my heart is also in the South..so I do feel a bit like a traitor!)[/quote]
Don Ciccio

Re: Anyone with a Venetian Apartment?

Post by Don Ciccio »

Musetta wrote:I was just curious if anyone has experience with HRs in Venice - we would love to buy something but I'm just wondering how the rentals are - seems there is SO much competition (!) and, I really have no experience with that ;-) since, both my current rentals are pretty out-of-the-way!
Ciao Musetta,
Don't know anything about the rentals market in bella Venezia,
but I do remember reading something that may be worth knowing about if you are thinking of buying to rent out there...

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/6 ... wding.html

This was in the Daily Telegraph (UK) last Summer. Don't know how advanced plans are or whether they dumped the idea, but could have implications for future property rentals based outside the city in the surrounding area beyond the lagoon....

Ciccio.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

thanks or the link! I wouldn't hold my breath though ;-) they've been having issues for many years (although I think the cruise ships that come in now certainly don't help things!) I was a student in Padova years ago and they would actually stop all trains into Santa Lucia station once in a while during carnival because they just couldn't "fit" anymore people onto the islands! don't know how serious we are at this point anyway...just getting antsy and looking for a new project of some sort I think and looking at all options ;-)