wanted:property in Portugal for a "green"B&B s

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
aasta

wanted:property in Portugal for a "green"B&B s

Post by aasta »

Hello Everyone!! New to Lay My Hat, great site!!! we're looking for a property in the Peniche/Obidos/Lourinha region of Portugal to open a "grenn"B&B style inn. We hope to do alot with themed artists and/or wellness retreat weeks. Hoping to have 5 to 6 rentable rooms and innkeepers quarters. Hoping to find a place with character, a bit of land, and not too much of a ruin!!! So please let us know if you know of such a "dream" place!!
We're currently in Greefield, New H, USA and have a beautiful 1880,23 acre colonial style house/farm for sale...(not being able to sell is keeping us stuck here) If you know of anyone who'd love to live in beautiful, bucolic New Hampshire please send them our way!!!
thanks!! aasta
happybee

Re: wanted:property in Portugal for a "green"B&

Post by happybee »

aasta wrote:Hello Everyone!! New to Lay My Hat, great site!!! we're looking for a property in the Peniche/Obidos/Lourinha region of Portugal to open a "grenn"B&B style inn. We hope to do alot with themed artists and/or wellness retreat weeks. Hoping to have 5 to 6 rentable rooms and innkeepers quarters. Hoping to find a place with character, a bit of land, and not too much of a ruin!!! So please let us know if you know of such a "dream" place!!
We're currently in Greefield, New H, USA and have a beautiful 1880,23 acre colonial style house/farm for sale...(not being able to sell is keeping us stuck here) If you know of anyone who'd love to live in beautiful, bucolic New Hampshire please send them our way!!!
thanks!! aasta
Hi Aasta,

Your current property sounds like a great place for a green wellness retreat...and the NE fall colours are so beautiful! You are well located to attract stressed out bankers from NY, rat-race weary MIT/harvard professors and arty folks from VT...maybe you don't need to wait to follow your dream...
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Hi aasta,

Good luck with your venture. It does sound promising and I'm sure you can find a suitable dwelling to build on.

An excellent resource (and a more focussed forum) here, but do keep us posted on how you get along.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
aasta

Post by aasta »

thanks for your kind messages...I found this webite/forum by reading posts on the expatsportugal forum...and yes this our farm here would be great for a B&B if someone added bathrooms, but it's so cold here and then the bugs...after 16 years I'm really ready for warmer climes....
CSE

Post by CSE »

Coming from outside of the EU you may have to jump through a few hoops to be able to live in Portugal.
Here is a good website that seems to be up to date with it's information.
http://portugal.angloinfo.com/

good luck with your dreams and hopefully we hear of your move soon.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
aasta

Post by aasta »

thanks for the anglo site link..very informative...my daugther is an EU citizen and my sister and nephew already live in portugal, so we can get visas under the family unification law...