Trustpilot etc.

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
costa-brava

Trustpilot etc.

Post by costa-brava »

I have recently joined Trustpilot, having heard it referred to several times in LMH. I posted a couple of weeks ago about the poor quality of Teeveeing. I gave them the minimum one star. They seemed to react to all the bad reviews and it got better just before Christmas.
Today I posted my view on laymyhat.com. I gave it five stars, the maximum. This site is going to sleep and I don't think all us guys should let it happen. I am not into social media but those of you who are can join in and try to keep LMH going. Paolo did his part by revamping the site a year or so ago. And if you agree with me that this is one of the best sites around, why not put your view into trust pilot too?
Drax

Re: Trustpilot etc.

Post by Drax »

I agree with you regarding LMH, it is a great site and a boon for holiday home owners.
It has benefitted me over the years with help and advice from other owners.
However it has unfortunately gone 'downhill' this past year or so.
In my opinion one of the reasons why it has lost it's appeal is there has been some quite unkind replies, bordering on nastiness, to people who have sought help and advice from fellow members.
I remember one instance when a new member asked for advice on her new holiday home venture and 2 of the replies were quite unpleasant.
I contacted this person by private message to offer her help and advice. She thanked me but said she was was upset by these replies and would never use LMH again.
Perhaps LMH should have a robust 'police' system that could stop these negative comments, if that is possible.
Following your lead I have just gone onto Trustpilot and given LMH a five star review.
Keep your powder dry.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

That may well have been the result of an altercation that involved myself. This was a gross misunderstanding and I apologised to the lady in question. That was in the Spain section and I sincerely hope it didn't contribute to the fall-off in other sections. It is inevitable that there will be hiccups but as long as long as we try to find a middle ground....
I was never scared off by the very few argumentative posts and always prepared to hold my hand up when shown to be wrong. That's the way of a forum. Across the board everybody has always been friendly and helpful.
You never miss the water till the well runs dry and this could be the way of LMH. I have been out of holiday lets for a number of years but still like to keep track of how things are going. Also as a Scot, I'm a bit ashamed of the debacle of the Scottish government's crippling attempts to control holiday lets, so there is still a great need for a forum like LMH, if only some of the newer owners were aware of its existence. I see that someone has joined me with very positive comments on Trustpilot. I'm not a great "techy" and getting worse as social media and AI continue to flourish. But I firmly believe the forum of LMH still has so much to offer owners.
russellt

Post by russellt »

Agree. Like many online services, LMH lost some of its vibrancy during the covid years. Understandable. Would be a shame to lose it entirely, though. It's a great resource, and yes, with some of the crazier FHL govt policies now coming to fruition in the UK, we really do need somewhere to discuss them.

Where did all the conversations go? Facebook groups?

Btw, I added a Trustpilot review. Good idea.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage