Is anyone using Superhog?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Pengman

Is anyone using Superhog?

Post by Pengman »

I recently came across Superhog (Superhost.com), not as a host but as a guest. Superhost claim to be building trust between hosts and guests, principally by requiring guests to prove their identity. However, guests are also required to agree to the Superhog Agreement which in effect is a Letting Agreement which, in my case anyway, conflicted with the Ts and Cs of the host's letting agents (in effect a further Letting Agreement!). The Superhog Agreement was dreadfully one sided and appeared to me to be attempting to truss the guest up like a chicken. Clauses like the one requiring guests to take photographs of the property at the time of check-out and upload them to Superhog, do not build trust in my view. I refused to sign up to Superhog as a guest which will mean having to provide a security deposit I otherwise wouldn't have to, but I'd rather do that than sign up to a dreadfully one sided, badly thought through agreement that might come back to bite me. In the future, if I see the word Superhog, I shall give such properties a wide berth. As a host, I guess I can see a gap in the market for both guests and hosts prove that they are who they say they are, but after this experience I won't be rushing to sign up to Superhog or anyone like them, anytime soon.
I came, I saw, I bought it.