SCAM owners posting on Facebook groups

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
GRL

SCAM owners posting on Facebook groups

Post by GRL »

There has been a spate of scammers (actually almost certainly the same person) advertising fake properties on Facebook groups. In the last 2 weeks there has been Anthony Keyne (also changed to Keyne Anthony) (Cornwall property), Trevor Devinci (a different Cornwall property), Tim Devinci (The Lakes) and now Trevor Reynolds (Southwold, Suffolk). Each time the scammer has also created a fake property page with pictures stolen from Rightmove with a simple logo added to them. And each time he posts he turns off commenting to force people to PM him.

If you see a post in a FB group where commenting has been turned off straight away BE VERY CAUTIOUS especially if it is a new member and their business page is also very new. Always check for them elsewhere online such as other social media accounts or adverts on online travel agency sites.

If you use FB Holiday groups could you message me if you see any adverts in any of the groups you are in where comments are turned off straight away. Currently all the profiles I mentioned above are deactivated except Trevor Devinci. He has literally just changed his profile picture so I suspect he may be planning to get active again: https://www.facebook. com/trevor.davici.7