Beautiful Andalucian White Village house - 175,000 euros

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
lorca

Beautiful Andalucian White Village house - 175,000 euros

Post by lorca »

The Casa de Luz was originally our own holiday home when we first bought it 16 years ago. We lived in it for a while when we first moved to Spain, and since then it has provided us with a income as a fully licensed holiday rental (vivienda rural). Now we are both pensioners and in less need of the income we have decided to sell and buy somewhere smaller in the city.

Set in the village of Almachar (about 50 mins drive from Malaga airport) it's a 200 year old Spanish village house, restored by a Danish architect. Built on three floors in the style of a Moorish riad, the rooms are arranged around a central atrium with a translucent roof. There are 5 large bedrooms and the living areas are open plan. At the top a spacious upper lounge leads to a large roof terrace with panoramic views across the village, the foothills of the Sierra Tejeda and the great Mount Maroma.

Estate agents in Spain charge an arm and a leg, so we'd be open to offers if we sell it ourselves!

More info here http://www.andalucian-village-house-for-sale.com/
If not now, when?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

It's beautiful. I wish you success in finding a buyer for your lovely property.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Thanks Casscat - we love it and will be sad to see it go - but needs must!
If not now, when?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Lorca, all the best with selling your lovely property and moving on. We sold our beautiful property in the Dordogne three years ago and moved closer to the sea, in a small and friendly village in Charente Maritime. Despite a few health problems, it's all worked out well and we've enjoyed putting our energies into projects other than gite renting. Good luck for the future Jim x
Jim
lorca

Post by lorca »

Thanks Jim - very pleased things are going well for you
If not now, when?
pambon

Post by pambon »

It is really beautiful! Good luck and all the best for the future lorca.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Thanks for your kind words folks

However it's been on the market for some time, with various agents, but not a single offer. So if anyone has any ideas about alternative marketing we'd be very grateful.

Gracias
If not now, when?
louloup

Post by louloup »

I showed it to my husband and we've decided that if we won the lottery we would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm amazed that there has been so little interest.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I take it that it's on the various FB groups, Rightmove, Idealista. Pisos, Fotocasa et al. There's not one hell of a lot more you can do beyond walking up and down the main street with a sandwich board :? The Spanish property market is so erratic compared to the UK, however it's not traffic that's important but intention. One genuine viewing could lead to a sale as opposed to 20 nosy parkers wasting your time.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Casscat wrote: One genuine viewing could lead to a sale as opposed to 20 nosy parkers wasting your time.
+1
We have had our UK home on the market over summer. Plenty of 'viewings', almost all of whom have been complete time wasters, a point we have taken up with the estate agent. Genuine buyers are thin on the ground at the moment but you only need the one. We may well go down the online/self managed route if our sole agency agreement doesn't bear fruit within it's alloted time.

Lorca, that's a whole lot of lovely house & looks an absolute bargain to me. Good luck.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
pambon

Post by pambon »

COYS wrote:
Casscat wrote: One genuine viewing could lead to a sale as opposed to 20 nosy parkers wasting your time.

Lorca, that's a whole lot of lovely house & looks an absolute bargain to me. Good luck.

Yes, agree it's a beautiful house and my first thought was its under valued which, to me, makes it all the more surprising it's still on the market.
I think Brexit may now have a bearing on the house market in Europe where UK buyers are concerned.
franglaise

Post by franglaise »

Loved the house so much it actually got us thinking about moving to Andalucia and we are thinking it might be a very good move ! Our own b&b (near Collioure on the Med close to Catalonia) is for sale at present. If it sells soon, I will definitely contact you for a visit.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Thanks folks. It's actually been on the market for 18 months, and we've dropped the price by 50K - go figure.

We'll keep trying. I'm about to put together a Facebook Ad, but at the moment can't seem to be able to do it without linking it to the FB page we set up for it.
If not now, when?