Induction hob - Pacemaker advice

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Joffan

Induction hob - Pacemaker advice

Post by Joffan »

We have just installed a NEFF Induction Hob in our villa. The instruction manual has the following warning.

"We advise that you exercise caution using or standing near an induction hob while it is in operation, if you wear a pacemaker or a similar medical device. Consult your doctor or the device manufacturer concerning its conformity or any possible incompatibilities"

I intend adding a paragraph to the welcome notes.

I wasn't aware of this risk when the hob was bought, do any other owners alert guests of this?

Julie
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We do plus alert to use pans provided when guest brought their own non induction ones.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Joffan

Post by Joffan »

Guests brought their own pans!! Tea bags to France I understand but PANS !!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I see lots of French people unpacking cars in ski resorts every winter. A lot of them do bring pans, pressure cookers, fondue equipment.
Joffan

Post by Joffan »

Back to original question, does anyone warn guests about pacemakers and induction? I am assuming that many other owners have induction.

Julie
zebedee

Post by zebedee »