TUI Villas

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cpelwood

TUI Villas

Post by cpelwood »

Just had a brochure through my letter box advertising TUI (Thomson in old money) Villas. Looks like a similar commission model to TA etc - ie 15% commission on a booking. Haven't studied the small print in detail but just wondering if anyone has tried them??
Jake
Character Farm Cottages
AndrewH

TUI Villas

Post by AndrewH »

The TUI quality algorithm:-

"A specially-developed algorithm continuously scans the range on TUIvillas.com and determines the best of the best holiday accommodation. These holiday homes and apartments are singled out with the TUI smile and highlighted in the results list. The criteria, which the algorithm takes into account, include, among other things, a comprehensive property description with informative photos, positive customer feedback, and secure payment via TUIvillas.com."

15% + VAT commission from the owner. Well at least they are not trying to sting the poor old guest for a commission as well. Owners who don't qualify for a "TUI Smile" ( :roll: ) will take exception, I should imagine.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:roll: Crikey everyone is trying to get in on the act!

Mouse
x
Teguise

Post by Teguise »

My understanding is that they work hand in hand with atraveo, so potentially useful if you wish to target markets such as Germany.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Mouse wrote::roll: Crikey everyone is trying to get in on the act!

Mouse
x
It's getting that way. Much easier to cream a nice fat wedge from the small ventures & saves having to go to the trouble of actually buying, maintaining & running it like those pesky owners.
Our season is short & at those sort of rates they would be 'earning' better profit margins than me.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

Yes, they are part of atraveo (or the other way round, who can say these days). We've been with atraveo for years and very occasionally we get a booking through them. Nothing last year but a two-week peak booking from Denmark this year.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

COYS wrote:
Mouse wrote::roll: Crikey everyone is trying to get in on the act!

Mouse
x
It's getting that way. Much easier to cream a nice fat wedge from the small ventures & saves having to go to the trouble of actually buying, maintaining & running it like those pesky owners.
Our season is short & at those sort of rates they would be 'earning' better profit margins than me.
Oh that is SO true!

Mousie
x
cpelwood

Post by cpelwood »

Might give them a try with one cottage - getting so difficult these days to know who to advertise with - the markets littered with agencies.
Jake
Character Farm Cottages
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Given that our trget market is families I thought I would contact them with a few additional questions that their carefully worded blurb didn't answer. So I emailed them a list of 5 questions split in to sections. Simple to understand....or so I thought.
I got a reply back with the info off the website basically cut and pasted.
:roll:
The last sentence tells me they are very happy to answer any additonal questions. OK, so why not start with the ones I sent.

I've now replied asking did she actually read the email I sent!

I just despair.....some of these companies seem to want to take their commission without actually done any work.

Mousie
x
CSE

Post by CSE »

It as not a she but a he who responded...A Mr Babbage.

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Check out the info on Atraveo here.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
AndrewH

TUI Villas

Post by AndrewH »

Thanks, Essar. That gives a clear picture of the way Atraveo works for self-catering properties. It seems that TUI are wanting to give Atraveo (which they apparently own) a more international TUI brand image.